TAXATION AND BUDGETNG POSITION STUDY
Delegates at the LWVMI Convention in May, 2015, voted to update our Taxation and Budgeting Position. The Taxation and Budget Study Committee has prepared the documents attached below for Local Leagues to use in reaching Consensus on the Taxation and Budgeting study questions. Consensus Responses are due to the League office by March 1, 2017.
Note: The Committee has changed the title of the Position from "Taxation and Budgeting" to "Government Finance", to more clearly reflect the content of the position.
The LWVMI Study Committee is hosting three CONFERENCE CALLS to assist local League members who are participating in the study. The dates are September 26 and September 27, 2016 and January 12, 2017, all beginning at 7:00 pm. Additional details will be available soon.
The following documents will aid the study process:
1. The current position, titled "Taxation and Budgeting"
2. "Guide for Government Finance Study"; Note: in late July, the Committee will send you a power point to use in local League programs if desired.
3. "Government Finance Study, Consensus Questions and Background". The background information needed to answer the questions is included in this document
4. "State Revenue Chart" A handy reference for the state sources of revenue; note: federal funds make up the additional 42% of the total revenue.
5. "Government Finance Definitions"
6. "Resource List for Government Finance Study"
7. A Power Point presentation to aid the consensus question process, along with a facilitator's guide.
8. "Government Finance Consensus Question/Responses" This document should be used by your local League to record responses to consensus questions. Consensus report is due March 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, contact the Committee Chair, Sue Smith, LWVMI VP Program at email@example.com.